"Vintage" Lighted Cabinet (The Finish)

Drum roll please....Ta-da! I have finished the Vintage Style Lighted Cabinet! Everything I was waiting for came in the mail today so I was able to get it all buttoned up before the weekend. So here she is in all her glory, good things. Continue reading to see more images of the final piece. And also, if you missed part 2 of this build, you can view it here.





Below are the hinges I went with. I purchased these from ebay (they arrived very fast, that reminds me, I need to go leave feedback for that.) They cost a little over two dollars for the pair, I could have spent more and got some actual antique hinges but I was trying to keep the cost down as much as possible.




Then the shelves came in. I spent a lot of time trying to determine what would look best with this. Since the cabinet is lighted I knew they had to be clear. I was originally going to go with glass. If I did that I would have had to purchase tempered glass for the thickness and non-shatter qualities. Those are very expensive and I would have had to get them custom ordered because you can't cut the glass once it's tempered. So I decided on Plexi-glass. It was a little cheaper and I could cut to the size I needed. For the span of the shelves I should have gone with a thickness of 3/8" but again, keeping the costs down, I went with the 1/4" - It's thick enough for my needs as long as I don't overload them and they only cost just under $10 a shelf.



For the light I used one of those "Edison" light bulbs for the antique look. These bulbs look amazing! I purchased mine from Amazon for $4.




Well there you have it. This was a fun build and with everything included, a lot cheaper than if I was to have purchased this as is from a store. Me and the wife love it. I will leave you with a few more images of this piece. Please comment and tell me what you think, or ask any questions you may have, I will be glad to help you out.













0 comments:

Follow My Inspiration On Pinterest

JonnyChapps Stats