Frosted Glass Picture Frame Sign

Hey ya'll, wanted to share my latest project with you. I believe my favorite bathroom sign is the one that reads "If you sprinkle when you tinkle, please be neat and wipe the seat". We had one hanging in the bathroom that I had made a year or so ago, but it just didn't go with decor of things do to the font I had used. So, I decided to make a new one using picture frames and etched glass.

I had some spare glass and wood laying around so I decided to make a couple of picture frames for the sign. You could easily use pre-made picture frames for this project. Follow along to make your own:


Like I said, I made the frames in the shop using scrap wood and left over glass, but you could just buy a couple of frames for this project.


I connected the two using small chain and eye screws. I also used picture hanging wire to hang it when finished.




I then designed the lettering in Photoshop and used our Sizzix Machine to cut out the design on vinyl. I reversed the image so that I could apply it to the backside of the glass.




At first I was looking to use glass etcher to create the words on the glass but was unable to find it. The lady at Joanns told us about the glass frost spray paint, mainly used in bathroom windows for privacy. So after a little debate with myself I decided to try it.


I then applied several coats of this and removed the vinyl. (you'll notice in the following pictures that the frames look green, this is not the case, it's just how the pictures turned out. weird.)




After that dried, I stapled black felt to the back to make the letters stand out and make them easier to read. Now it's hanging in the bathroom. What do you think? The frost glass spray is really nice and dries fast. Use it for your next sign. You'll be glad you did.



0 comments:

Follow My Inspiration On Pinterest

JonnyChapps Stats